Smoky Roasted Eggplant with Spicy Ricotta
Medlee Red Chile Butter is on double duty here — seasoning roasted eggplant and spicing up whipped ricotta. Perfect on crackers for an interesting appetizer, equally delicious as a veggie side!
- 1 medium eggplant, about 1 lb, diced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, full fat preferred
- 1 package of Medlee Red Chile Butter
- Crackers or sliced baguette, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350o.
- Toss eggplant in 1 Tbsp of olive or canola oil and roast until slightly crisped, 40 to 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While the eggplant roasts, make the ricotta spread: Combine ricotta with three medallions of softened Red Chile Butter. For the smoothest spread, use a food processor. Taste. Add one more medallion of Red Chile Butter if you want more spice and pulse or stir until smooth. (There may be small lumps of butter if combining by hand. No worries, it will still taste delicious!) Chill the remainder of the Red Chile Butter in the freezer so it pops out of the tray easily in the next step.
- When eggplant is slightly crisped, add two medallions of Red Chile Butter and stir to coat the veggies. Return to the oven for 2 to 5 minutes, until melted. Stir.
- Taste. Add an additional medallion of butter if desired. Cool slightly.
- Serve eggplant on top of Red Chile ricotta spread. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette if desired.