Lemon Herb Green Beans
Farm fresh green beans are especially wonderful, especially the skinny haricots verts. But when you have such an amazing buttery sauce to add to them even thick year-round green beans can be show stoppers. We’ll eat them day and night as a side dish or on top of a grain bowl. Yum!
- 2 to 4 discs Medlee Lemon Herb Butter
- ½ lb (about 3½ – 4 cups) fresh green beans, either skinny haricot vert or thicker green beans, trimmed
- Toasted nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans) and/or cooked bacon crumbles, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt two medallions of Medlee Lemon Herb Butter over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans to the skillet, stirring to coat in butter. Cook for four minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly tender and beginning to brown.
- Carefully add two tablespoons of water and allow green beans to steam, becoming tender. After about 30 seconds to one minute, all of the water should be evaporated. Turn off heat. Add one to two more discs of butter and stir to coat the still hot beans in the melting butter.
- Taste. Add more butter or salt as desired.
- Serve immediately with all of the delicious butter and browned bits from the pan. Garnish with toasted nuts and/or bacon crumbles.
NOTE: If doubling to cook one pound of green beans, make sure to cook in two separate batches to not crowd the pan and to achieve golden brown deliciousness.